At Flexflooring we have years of experience in the supply and installation of resin driveways for home and commercial areas.
- Fast installation – use within 24 hours after installation
- Quality drives at a great price
- Industry experts – years of driveway expertise
Please contact the office on 01622 747909 for a quote and more information on our range of products!
“…we are very happy with the driveway. It has put the perfect finishing touch to the fantastic work you have already done. Please also thank your guys for me as we do appreciate the effort they put in.” S Butcher.
Our Resin Driveway Materials
Our, resin bound stone floor surfacing – Stonex 2-5mm, is aesthetically pleasing and hard wearing. Stonex 2-5mm creates a seamless, safe and attractive surface, commonly used in out door decorative spaces such as driveways.
Flexflooring can install a Stonex resin bound driveway directly onto a concrete or asphalt base. With several colour choices available we can create any blend that you would like. We can even add silver or gold glitter for that extra driveway bling. Our floors are installed with a quality coloured or natural stone with a UV resistant binder to ensure your driveway maintains it colour through out its lifetime.
What is a Resin Bound Driveway?
Resin bound paving is a system made of natural aggregate and resin and is primarily used to pave driveways and footpaths.
Resin bound driveways offer a permeable, durable, smooth, multi-layered surface that facilitates and drains water efficiently. These properties, as well as it’s aesthetic appeal, make resin bound paving one of the most popular choices for driveways today.
Why buy a Flexflooring Driveway?
Enjoy these 11 benefits with A Stonex driveway:
- Hardwearing – an extremely durable, hard wearing, long lasting, low maintenance surface
- No loose stones.
- Flexible – It’s perfect for shaped areas and it can even be laid in decorative patterns.
- Easy access: Recommended for drives, paths, wheelchair ramps and more.
- Colour fast and UV stable – no colour change from UV exposure
- Easy to maintain: Tough enough to withstand pressure washing
- Slip resistance of 30.8 (wet) and 100.8 (dry)
- Resistant to weeds – the roots cant take hold
- Adaptable – We can include your design work, logos, motifs, patterns and other designs can be easily incorporated.
- Permeable: Water can flow freely through the surface, which complies with SUDS regulations.
- Fast installation: Use your drive 1 day after installation.
It’s not just driveways!
Why buy from Flexflooring?
- We have years of valuable experience in resin based safety surfacing and decorative flooring.
- We offer a supply and install service throughout the UK and we only use our own team of skilled technicians for each installation.
- We ensure each one of our floors does not compromise safety.
- Our floors are installed by our experienced team of experts, guaranteeing you the most perfect, precise fitting for both inside and outside areas.
- Our floors come in a wide range of different colours, styles and textures, giving you an extensive choice of flooring that suits all different tastes, décors, interiors and exteriors.
- Our floors are made up of quality materials sourced from UK and European suppliers ensuring we use the best products available,.
Take a look at our case study page to read about the driveway installation projects we’ve been involved with.
Flexflooring have installed many Stonex resin bound driveways over the past years, as it continues to grow in popularity over traditional block paving. Stonex resin driveways are best installed on a 14mm DBM, however it can be installed on concrete and other structural sub bases.
Stonex resin driveways installed on a 14mm DBM are SUDS (Sustainable Urban drainage systems) compliant, that means water will drain naturally through the surface and substrate, back into the water table.
Stonex driveways are seamless, easy to maintain and suppress the growth of weeds. They are available in many different natural aggregate blends, normally installed at 15mm.
Resin Bound Vs Resin Bonded. What is the difference?
There are two types of common external resin surfacing systems, with very similar names, often confused, the crucial thing to remember is; one is permeable and the other is non-permeable.
Resin bonded’ is sometimes also used as a generic term for both systems. This can be misleading, since the systems are very different.
- Resin Bound: Resin bound surfacing mixes quartz, marble or stone and clear resin together; and is then trowelled onto a stable sub base, to a smooth permeable Typical stones size for this system ranges from 1mm to 12mm and every particle is entirely encapsulated in resin.
- Resin Bond: Resin bound surfacing is made up of dry aggregate, which is broadcast onto a resin base, with the excess swept off, to create a more rough, impermeable Typical stone size for this system ranges from 1mm to 6mm and can often become lose.
How much do our Driveways Cost?
So how much will our driveways cost you? The cost will depend on several factors, including:
- Whether any ground works need to be done before we install.
- Size and colour of aggregate required
- Whether a UV stable or Non UV stable resin is used
- Amount of preparation, repair and cleaning required to the base
- Whether there is a requirement to install edging on the site
- Layout of the installation area
- Size of installation area
- Your location
You can find out resin drives costs here.